The BASE Mission Statement
- Support for sexual educators in their specific fields
- Sharing of positive sexual education that is significantly more than information about sexually transmitted infections and pregnancy prevention
- Providing access to sexual education information that is appropriate and accurate so that people can make informed choices
- The provision of information about sex in a user-friendly and accessible manner
- Creating an environment of openness and frankness about sex
- Encouraging and participating in national debate on sexual issues
BASE aims to provide this resource and support by engaging with professionals in all disciplines who are involved in Sexual Health. These professionals and the general public will have access to sexual health material both in written and electronic format, that is accurate, proactive and evidence based where possible.
BASE intends to disseminate information on conferences, workshops, seminars and training on sexual health issues covering a broad spectrum of sexual topics to enable professionals from all disciplines to engage in dialogue and share information in a spirit of collegiality.